The "Essential Information" guide has details of how to install and license the VisualSoft Suite, and also how to setup and use some of the most important components.
All data logged and used within the VisualSoft Suite has a timestamp. This is used to link different types of data, such as linking Cross-Profiles or Events to Position data.
The system is designed to store data with a UTC timestamp, but it allows you to display the data using Local Time.
Time is taken from a "Time Sync Source", which is outside the VisualSoft software.
The time source may be one of the following:
- A network time-server application, maintaining a standard time across the network, and setting all PC clocks to be identical.
- A time signal via the network from an online navigation system (to VisualDVR).
- A time within a survey data string via serial input or network port (to VisualDVR or VisualData).
- A single PC clock (configured in the VisualSoft Network Options).
- Regardless of which time source is used it is important that the user identifies whether this time signal is in UTC or in local time.
- It is essential that the Windows clock is configured for the correct local time zone, and that daylight saving settings are correctly configured.
- It is very important that every PC is configured with the same settings.
ONLY ONE TIME SYNC SOURCE SHOULD BE ENABLED AT ANY GIVEN TIME ACROSS THE WHOLE VISUALSOFT NETWORK.